The National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) recommends you do a roof inspection twice per year as minimum. Usually people do it in the Fall and Spring.
1. Get the right tools to inspect your roof as you will go into the attic where is dark and very hard to walk. You may need a ladder and a good flashlight.
2. Look for places where the roof deck is sagging.
3. Search for water damage or leaking.
4. Search for trails or dark spots.
5. Make sure you do not see any outside light showing thru the roof.
6. Check for missing shingles outside the roof.
7. Check for curling, blistering, algae growth outside the roof.
We can inspect your roof if you need help. Just call MasterRoof.com at 888-333-7006.